Any tips on creating quality characters?
Yes! Many, in fact! When I create my characters, I answer questions and make character profiles so I delve into their individual histories. Here are the most common questions I answer:
- Full name?
- Physical/mental Description?
- Voice sound like?
- Earliest memory?
- Role models?
- How do they get along with others? family?
- Greatest achievement?
- Greatest Regret?
- Best/worst memory?
- what would they die for?
- Do they like themselves?
- How do others view them?
- Addicted to anything? Do they want to quit?
- Believer of true love?
- Why do/are they a… (vampire/doctor/sorcerer/vegan/demon…) What are the pros-cons of being X?
- If you, the author, could give this character advice, what would it be? and would they take it?
I know this isn’t a giant list, but my characters tend to create themselves as my books carry on. These questions offer a good starting point in which you can expand and aknowledge your growing characters.
I hope this helps! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!